Shoe Goo is a great adhesive to have on hand for repairing shoes, but many people wonder how long it takes to dry. Here Are some tips on how to speed up the drying process.
What is shoe goo and what are its uses
Shoe Goo is a clear, flexible adhesive that works on both porous and nonporous surfaces. It’s great for repairing shoes. Over time the cap on the glue can dry out, making it difficult to get glue out of the bottle. You can fix this problem by microwaving Glue Stic for 10 seconds or using hot water.
Shoe Goo can take up to 24 hours or more to completely dry, but there are ways to speed up the process. If you have a portable fan blowing on your shoes, increasing airflow will help them dry. You can also put them in front of a heater for about one hour. If the room is cold enough outside where your heater won’t raise the temperature so high that it could hurt your shoes, then this works really well.
The third option requires time and patience; simply leave them out overnight without the cap on top of the bottle and they’ll be set by morning. If after all of these methods, your shoes still aren’t dry and it’s been over 24 hours, then you can put the cap back on the bottle and store them in a cool area where it won’t be disturbed to allow them to dry completely.
How to apply shoe goo
Shoe Goo can be applied directly to most surfaces and then attached together. Just spread a thin layer onto both objects that you want to attach and wait for it to dry. It is best used in cold, dry environments and in temperatures lower than 90 degrees Fahrenheit because, in higher heat, the glue may become very sticky and cause damage when not used right away.
Shoe Goo will work on most surfaces, but it would be recommended not to use it on delicate or expensive materials such as patent leather because of possible discoloration. As stated before, if the glue gets stuck where you don’t want it, such as your hair or carpeting; simply use some nail polish remover with acetone to remove it.
How long does it take for shoe goo to dry
After applying shoe goo, it typically takes 24 hours or more to completely dry. If you want to speed up the drying process there are some things you can do such as placing your shoes near a heater, fan or leaving them outside overnight with no cap on top of the bottle.
Some people use a hairdryer to speed up the drying process. Though you have to be careful when using a hairdryer with Glue Stic because it can melt the glue and ruin your shoes if they are not dried correctly or completely.
Tips for preventing shoe goo from drying too quickly
- If you do not want to wait for 24 hours or more, try placing your shoes in front of a heater with no cap on top of the bottle.
- It can take up to 24 hours for shoe goo to dry, so be sure to have patience before applying glue and wearing your new shoes.
- When applying shoe goo, make sure to spread it onto both surfaces evenly for the best results.
- If you want your shoes to dry faster put them near a fan or heater and keep the cap off of the glue bottle (store in a cool and safe place).
- If you accidentally get shoe goo on your hair or carpet, use some acetone nail polish remover. However, be careful not to use too much because it will make the glue very runny and there could be a chance of ruining your shoes.
- Have patience when trying to speed up the process by placing your shoes near a heater or fan.
Conclusion: Shoe goo is a great way to fix shoes that have been damaged, whether it’s by water, snow, or mud. It’s also a good way to prevent your shoes from being damaged in the first place. By following these tips on how to apply shoe goo and how long it takes for shoe goo to dry, you can keep your shoes looking and feeling like new for longer.